The Albany County Sheriff’s Office arrested an attorney from the City of Cohoes on drug-related charges on Thursday.
Police say 38-year-old Danielle Barker-Lange, who owns and operates the law offices of Lange & Associates, was selling heroin out of her home and law office.
During the arrest, Barker-Lange is accused of having 38 bags of heroin, 20 sublingual strips of Suboxone, Xanax, oxycodone, and amphetamine pills.
Police say Barker-Lange was also observed operating a motor vehicle with her driver’s license being suspended and without an ignition interlock device, which she’s required to have following a previous DWAI conviction.
Barker-Lange was charged with:
- Three counts of third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance
- One count of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- One count of fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Eight counts of seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- One count of operating a motor vehicle without an ignition interlock device
- One count of second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation.
She is being held pending an arraignment Friday morning.