Fire on Bronson St. deemed accidental

Local News
fire, generic_-588070108267000262

A fire to a residence on Bronson St. in the City of Watertown over the weekend has been deemed accidental in nature, blamed on a four year old child playing with a cigarette lighter. Fire crews were called to 649 Bronson just after 11 pm Friday night. When fire crews arrived, they found flames and smoke visible from a first floor apartment. Those inside where able to make it out safely, but due to the amount of heat and smoke damage, they were unable to return to their homes. A fire also struck the same building in 1999, causing damage. No injuries were reported. The building is insured.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.