Summer Reading Program – Registration Opens 6/1!
Help your Flower Library family explore ‘A Universe of Stories’ by participating in the Summer Reading Program. Track each child’s reading, attend library events, and win prizes!
Signups for ages 18 and under opens June 1st and events will happen through June, July, and August. Events do not require registration however eligibility for prizes requires each child to be registered to track their reading. For every 2 hours each child reads, they will receive 1 prize ticket.
Prize options for children will include passes to Enchanted Forest/Water Safari, Regal Cinemas, Lego baskets, and more! Event options include story times, crafts, movies, and other STEAM activities. All events are free and open to all abilities but age restrictions may apply.
Planned events for June of 2019 include:
Early Literacy Events @ Flower Library:
– Toddler Paint (select Mondays @ 10:30am – 11:30am; for ages 1 to 4; location: Children’s Room): Creativity is one of the most important skills you can help develop in your child. With this in mind, join us for a class that is designed to expose children to the art experience through a variety of different painting projects. We will need the help of each participant’s caregiver! Event dates include:
– 6/17 – Jello Paint
– Preschool Pals Story Time (Wednesdays @ 10:30am; for ages 3 to 5; location: Children’s Room): Join your library pals for an interactive program of stories, rhymes, and music! Caregivers are encouraged to participate in the fun. Program is followed by a simple craft for families to enjoy together. Event dates include:
– 6/5 – Ice Cream
– 6/12 – Picnic
– 6/19 – Hot, Hot, Hot!
– 6/26 – Beach
– Mother Goose Story Time (Thursdays @ 10:30am; for ages birth to 2 AND are walking on their own; location: Story Time Room): Stories and songs for those toddlers who just want to go, go, go! This story time is immediately followed by a special play time! Event dates include:
– 6/6 – Ice Cream
– 6/13 – Picnic
– 6/20 – Hot, Hot, Hot!
– 6/27 – Beach
Events for Ages 5 to 10 @ Flower Library: events listed below are open to those ages 5 to 10; all abilities are welcome! Parents, you must remain in the library during the event if your child is 10 or younger. Please remember that the library closes at 5pm on Fridays!
– Sharpie Art (6/21 @ 4:00pm – 4:45pm; location: Children’s Room): Take a breather by relaxing at the library and focusing on creating some colorful art! We will be tracing mandalas and coloring them in.
Events for Ages 13 to 18 @ Flower Library: events listed below are open to those ages 13 to 18; all abilities are welcome!
– Relax Art (6/19 @ 4pm – 5pm; location: Teen Space): Breathe. De-stress. Relax. And color with Ms. Ashley! Project options include zentangles, mandalas, and color-by-numbers.
Adults – library activities include you too! Here is an option for you:
– Movie – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (6/25 @ 5:30pm; location: South Reading Room): Join us to watch an old favorite on our large screen TV! From imdb.com: “A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, despite what the Principal thinks of that.” Rating – PG 13; run time – 1 hour, 43 minutes.
Be aware that there are many more events offered than just those listed here! For full descriptions of library events, visit www.flowerlibrary.org and go to the Calendar of Events. Or you may access our various Facebook pages by searching for The Children’s Room, The Teen Space, or Flower Memorial Library.
All library events are always free! Have other questions? Call 785-7709 or stop by the library today!