HAMMOND, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Hammond Central School District has provided and update regarding COVID-19 in their community.
The Hammond Central School District announced on Friday October 30 that a staff member tested positive for the coronavirus. Following the announcement, the school dismissed early.
According to Hammond District Superintendent Doug McQueer, all students will switch to remote instruction through Tuesday November 3, 2020. McQueer stated that all Northwest Tech students and BOCES special education students will also be fully remote.
Community members are reminded of where to seek COVID-19 testing. Testing is available at:
- Samaritan Medical Center: (315) 785-4000
- St. Lawrence Health System (Canton, Potsdam, Gouverneur, Massena): (315) 261-6240
- Clifton-Fine Hospital: (315) 848-8049
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center: (315) 713-6655
The confirmed positive case of COVID-19 on October 30, 2020 was the first case of coronavirus within the Hammond Central School District.
- Here’s when you can see the ‘Christmas Star’ for the first time in 800 years
- Police clear suspected explosive device found outside of Steuben County Mental Health Center
- Man wanted for shooting Mass. state trooper shot, killed by US Marshals; 2 officers hurt
- Get a call offering you an early COVID-19 vaccine? It’s a scam
- US adds 245,000 jobs as virus threatens the economy’s slow comeback
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.