Hammond family of 10 displaced after Easter fire

Local News
Fire Generic_-2869465905114888209

A family of 10 in Hammond have now been displaced as a result of an Easter fire. The fire occurred Sunday morning at a home on Rt. 37. Five adults and five children lived inside the home and no serious injuries were reported. While the home suffered extensive smoke and water damage, fire officials are not calling it a total loss. An overheated electrical line is believed to have been the cause of the blaze.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.