WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – SERVPRO of Jefferson County is now offering cleaning services for duct systems and dryer vents. Mark Zegarelli of SERVPRO explained the importance of keeping these systems clean.
Over time, ducts collect pet dander, dust and debris. The type of material that you find in your vacuum bag, or canister in a bag-less vacuum cleaner, is similar to the type that collects in your duct work.
Under normal conditions, Mark recommends having your ducts cleaned every other year. If there is a malfunction with your furnace or there has been a fire in the home, the ducts should be cleaned immediately.
Mark explained that dryer vents are notoriously dangerous when not maintained. Dyer lint is one of the most flammable substances there is.
- Politicians, dignitaries react to the death of Justice Ginsburg
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.