WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WWTI) – SERVPRO of Jefferson County is now offering cleaning services for duct systems and dryer vents. Mark Zegarelli of SERVPRO explained the importance of keeping these systems clean.
Over time, ducts collect pet dander, dust and debris. The type of material that you find in your vacuum bag, or canister in a bag-less vacuum cleaner, is similar to the type that collects in your duct work.
Under normal conditions, Mark recommends having your ducts cleaned every other year. If there is a malfunction with your furnace or there has been a fire in the home, the ducts should be cleaned immediately.
Mark explained that dryer vents are notoriously dangerous when not maintained. Dyer lint is one of the most flammable substances there is.
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars
- 2-time Daytona 500 champ Johnson ready for one final ride
- Rains postpones Daytona 500, dampening event, Trump’s visit
- Boston College holds off NC State rally for 71-68 win
- Syracuse women’s basketball handles Pittsburgh 71-53, extends winning streak to four games
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.