ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to a tweet from Assemblyman Carl E. Heastie, two members of the New York State Assembly have tested positive for COVID-19.
Assemblywoman Helene Weinstein and Assemblyman Charles Barron are the legislators identified in Heastie’s tweet as testing positive for the coronavirus. Both represent districts in New York City.
Neither member of the Assembly has been to Albany since early March.
According to Heastie, who represents the 83rd Assembly district, the state will undertake an intensive cleaning of the Capitol and Legislative Buildings. Heastie says all legislators and staff who have been in contact with Weinstein and Barron will also be tested.
- Long Island shooting: What we know about suspect Gabriel DeWitt Wilson
- Soldier pepper sprayed by police honored in native Brooklyn
- Chauvin trial: Marches weave through Manhattan following guilty verdict
- DOJ announces Minneapolis police probe following Chauvin verdict
- Could warmer temperatures bring an early peak to lilacs this season?
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.