SACKETS HARBOR, N.Y. (WWTI) – North Harbor Dairy, located across the street from Old McDonald’s Farm in Sackets Harbor, is home to over 1,000 dairy cows.
Julia Robbins works at the farm and said each cow produces about ten gallons of milk per day. The farm makes about 10,000 gallons of milk in total each day that goes to Great Lakes Cheese in Adams.
Julia said cows are numbered in the order in which they are born at the farm, rather than being named.
Learn more in the Made in Northern New York Minute segment above.
- Traffic advisory for Duffy Street in Watertown Thursday
- Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- The town of Swastika, NY chooses to keep its name
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
- Unrest breaks out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.