SACKETS HARBOR, N.Y. (WWTI) – North Harbor Dairy, located across the street from Old McDonald’s Farm in Sackets Harbor, is home to over 1,000 dairy cows.
Julia Robbins works at the farm and said each cow produces about ten gallons of milk per day. The farm makes about 10,000 gallons of milk in total each day that goes to Great Lakes Cheese in Adams.
Julia said cows are numbered in the order in which they are born at the farm, rather than being named.
Learn more in the Made in Northern New York Minute segment above.
- ‘Downton Abbey’ cast returning for sequel arriving in theaters in December
- Changes coming for food cart and truck vendors in NYC
- WATCH: Zoos, museums, movie theaters can increase capacity on April 26
- Buffalo organization that helps startups to receive $750K in federal funding
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York apartment building, police say
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.