SACKETS HARBOR, N.Y. (WWTI) – North Harbor Dairy, located across the street from Old McDonald’s Farm in Sackets Harbor, is home to over 1,000 dairy cows.
Julia Robbins works at the farm and said each cow produces about ten gallons of milk per day. The farm makes about 10,000 gallons of milk in total each day that goes to Great Lakes Cheese in Adams.
Julia said cows are numbered in the order in which they are born at the farm, rather than being named.
Learn more in the Made in Northern New York Minute segment above.
- WATCH: Health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 24
- Watch: Dr. Fauci answers your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’
- President Trump honors Class of 2020 at White House
- VP Pence visits Georgia, praises Kemp’s early action to reopen state
- Job losses impact minority and hourly workers most in pandemic
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.