SACKETS HARBOR, N.Y. (WWTI) – North Harbor Dairy, located across the street from Old McDonald’s Farm in Sackets Harbor, is home to over 1,000 dairy cows.
Julia Robbins works at the farm and said each cow produces about ten gallons of milk per day. The farm makes about 10,000 gallons of milk in total each day that goes to Great Lakes Cheese in Adams.
Julia said cows are numbered in the order in which they are born at the farm, rather than being named.
Learn more in the Made in Northern New York Minute segment above.
- As the wait continues for adult-use marijuana licenses, CBD shops adapt to new regulations
- Some local businesses concerned about supply chain ahead of styrofoam ban
- Closing arguments wrap up in the James White quadruple murder trial
- Buffalo Kickoff Live: Bills vs. Patriots
- White House announces diplomatic boycott of Beijing Games, as tension with China grows
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.