WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — A man has been pronounced dead after he was found hanging in a tree Monday morning in what appears to be a tree trimming accident.
At 10:55 a.m., emergency crews responded to the call in the 1500 block of Austin Street for a rescue attempt.
A man was found dead hanging from a rope by the waist. Authorities said the man was wearing a tool belt.
A spokesman with the Wichita Falls Police Department said the man died from an unknown head injury and was dead when first responders arrived.
The body is being sent off for autopsy.
14 units originally responded to the call.
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- Bills TE Dawson Knox hopes his ‘roller coaster’ season is starting to take a turn
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.