Washington, D.C. – Today, Congresswoman Elise Stefanik testified before the House Ways & Means Committee in support of H.R. 5296, the Advancing Support for Working Families Act, legislation she is leading with Rep. Colin Allred (D-TX).
This legislation will help working families cover the cost of parental leave, infant care, and other expenses that occur with birth or adoption of a new child by advancing up to $5,000 of their Child Tax Credit.
“I proudly testified on behalf of my bipartisan paid leave legislation today,” said Congresswoman Stefanik. “Developing solutions to help new parents and working families thrive in this modern workforce is necessary for the continued economic success of our nation and the well-being of the next generation of Americans. I will always advocate on behalf of hardworking North Country families to bring them tangible benefits and enhanced paid leave options as I continue to lead this effort through the House.”
Watch Congresswoman Stefanik’s full testimony here.
- Cars set on fire, tear gas deployed at Black Lives Matter rally in Rochester, officials blame ‘paid protesters’
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- The experts at Northern Credit Union share top tips for living your best financial life
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.