MONROE COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A New Jersey man is facing two charges of manslaughter after a fatal crash on the Thruway back on September 4.
Quentin Campbell was driving a tractor trailer around 4 a.m. back on September 4 when he tried to make a u-turn across the westbound lanes of traffic between Exit 46 and 47 in the Town of Wheatland in Monroe County, near milepost 375.
A car driving in the westbound lanes hit the tractor trailer and drove under it. The driver of that car and a passenger were killed. The tractor trailer then left the scene and made another u-turn and headed east on the Thruway.
Campbell is facing two counts of manslaughter, and one count of leaving the scene of a fatal collision. He was extradited from New Jersey and arraigned in the Town of Wheatland Court. He has been remanded to the Monroe County Jail without bail.
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging
- Time running out to reach COVID-19 relief deal before election
- DOJ files antitrust lawsuit against Google
- Binghamton Area Voter Guide