NORTHUMBERLAND, N.Y. (NEWS10) — William A. Sawka, 38, of Gansevoort was arrested on Thursday morning after a domestic incident where he allegedly hit someone in the head with a folding chair.
The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office says they responded to a call on Circle Drive at around 2:30 a.m. on Thursday. They say Sawka is accused of brandishing a knife at someone, hitting someone’s head with a folding chair, puncturing a car’s tire, and injuring the deputy who arrested him.
Charges against Sawka include second-degree assault, second-degree menacing, second-degree reckless endangerment, fourth-degree criminal mischief, second-degree obstructing governmental administration, and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon. If found guilty on all charges, his sentence could approach 12 years.
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- House passes bill to establish Latino museum on the National Mall
- Body of ‘Miss Molly’ identified as Robin Ann Green of LA
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Interim Commissioner of Education in New York State selected