WATERLOO, N.Y. (WROC) — According to a WARN notice on the New York State Department of Labor site, 1,077 employees have been laid off from del Lago Casino & Resort.
“Separations began on April 9 and layoffs are expected to last for an undetermined period,” the notice reads.
News 8 WROC reported the coming layoffs on July 16 after the casino had been closed for four months due to the pandemic. A statement in part from del Lago reads, “We have been doing everything in our power to responsibly reopen – prioritizing the safety of our team members and guests.” The statement goes on to say that despite their best efforts, the resort and casino have yet to receive state guidance on when or how they will reopen.
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate recap; DNA test reunites brothers
- ‘Pink Tax’ ban goes into effect in NYS Wednesday
- After his big moment in 2016, Ken Bone watched the 2020 debate from home
- Retail showdown: Target Deal Days to be held same time as Amazon’s Prime Day sales
- Alabama man meets long-lost brother through DNA test