AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) – The world was watching in April 2019 as Tiger Woods won his fifth Masters title.
The 43-year-old Woods shot a 2-under 70 for one-stroke victory and his 15th major championship. But it was his first since the 2008 U.S. Open, capping a remarkable recovery from debilitating injuries and embarrassing personal problems.
Woods showed he still had the game to compete with the world’s best. It was his first victory of any kind since 2013.
This is the first time Woods has ever come from behind on the final day to win a major championship, leaving him three behind Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major titles.
Here’s a look back at some of the top images from Woods’ magical Masters in 2019.
- I-Team: Lawyer of Soldiers’ Home superintendent says documents show state knew about Covid-19 outbreak
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- How lawmakers respond to nursing homes being at the epicenter of coronavirus pandemic
- 71 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Jefferson County, 67 recovered
- COVID-19 in St. Lawrence County: 199 total positive cases
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.