SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (WTEN) — If you’re strolling around Saratoga Springs, New York, don’t be surprised if you see police horses sporting some protective gear.
Out of an abundance of caution, horses in the Mounted Patrol Unit have been outfitted with face shields.
According to a Facebook post by Saratoga Springs Public Safety, the horses are instrumental in crowd control – meaning they have a lot of contact with the public.
Recent protests turning aggressive have also become a safety issue, which raised the need for the masks, according to the department.
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place