NEW YORK (WIVB) — Eleven employees at Clinton Correctional Facility were taken to the hospital Friday as state police and other agencies investigated a toxic substance in the mailroom, according to the governor’s office.
In a statement, Gov. Cuomo’s office said the substance is believed to be fentanyl.
The prison is the same one that David Sweat and Richard Matt escaped from in 2015, which began a months-long search.
- Non-essential construction in NYS ordered to stop because of coronavirus
- The Grille at Hilton Garden Inn in Watertown offers curbside meal deals while dining in is prohibited
- NY’s presidential primary moved, tax filing deadline extended as state confirms 52,318 COVID-19 cases
- NYS DEC encourages New Yorkers to take bird feeders down
- JCC: 14 students remain at residence hall with extenuating circumstances, no students returning from break
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.