NEW YORK (WIVB) — Eleven employees at Clinton Correctional Facility were taken to the hospital Friday as state police and other agencies investigated a toxic substance in the mailroom, according to the governor’s office.
In a statement, Gov. Cuomo’s office said the substance is believed to be fentanyl.
The prison is the same one that David Sweat and Richard Matt escaped from in 2015, which began a months-long search.
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Chiefs’ Chad Henne goes from backup QB to playoff stage
- Avril Haines confirmed as Director of National Intelligence by Senate
- There will be no inaugural ball tonight: Here’s what will take its place
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.