NEW YORK (WIVB) — Eleven employees at Clinton Correctional Facility were taken to the hospital Friday as state police and other agencies investigated a toxic substance in the mailroom, according to the governor’s office.
In a statement, Gov. Cuomo’s office said the substance is believed to be fentanyl.
The prison is the same one that David Sweat and Richard Matt escaped from in 2015, which began a months-long search.
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- Ask the Experts: The doctors at Northern Lights Chiropractic discuss empowering your immune system
- Respiratory Care Week: ‘unimaginable’ roles respiratory therapists have taken on during COVID-19
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.