MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Georgia teen pens 300 letters urging elected officials to protect prisoners from coronavirus
- The experts at Northern Credit Union share top tips for living your best financial life
- Trump meets with CEOs to discuss how to safely reopen economy
- Elmira native/retired NASA astronaut Eileen Collins excited for SpaceX launch, future of space exploration
- One week left to enter to win an entire year of free lunches from North Country restaurants
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.