MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Syracuse wins fifth in a row getting past Clemson
- Alex Hazard joins Justin at Ramsey’s Pizzeria for some fun in the kitchen making chicken wings
- Study: Unemployment may be low, but many jobs don’t pay enough
- Bald eagle shot dead in NY, reward offered for information
- US has spent over $1B to prevent spread of coronavirus; border authorities on high alert
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.