FOXBORO, Mass. (WPRI) — The New England Patriots have canceled their practice on Wednesday after a third player has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to reports.
NFL Network reporter Tom Pelissero posted on Twitter that cornerback Stephon Gilmore has contracted COVID-19.
Gilmore, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, played in Monday night’s game in Kansas City.
According to NFL insider Field Yates, the Patriots now have Gilmore, quarterback Cam Newton, and practice squad defensive tackle Bill Murray on their COVID-19/reserve list.
Head coach Bill Belichick was supposed to hold his scheduled 8:30 a.m. press conference, but that has been postponed to a later time.
The Patriots are set to face the Denver Broncos Sunday at 4:25 p.m.
This is a developing story. Stay with 12 News on air and online for the latest information.
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game
- Police identify 19-year-old woman found unconscious on sidewalk in Watertown
- Syracuse throttles #16 Virginia Tech
- “It was just a really good team effort” Jim Boeheim following win against No. 16 Virginia Tech