Police say that a parachute student—Kristin Silva, 24, from New Haven, Connecticut—was parachuting, and making her final approach to land on the runway. She collided with an aircraft that had already landed and was leaving the runway.
Police say Silva landed on the left wing of the aircraft, causing her lower left leg to hit the propeller. Her parachute also entangled in the propeller, and she dangled from the wing before witnesses cut her free. She was cut down by witnesses.
Police say Silva was conscious and alert, but had lacerations on her left calf and chin. She was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center to be treated for her non-life-threatening injuries.
- Watch Made in NNY online here: 1 on 1 with Elise Stefanik and Tedra Cobb
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all