ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — St. Peter’s Health Partners and Ellis Medicine may merge. Both health care systems have signed a letter of intent to examine a joint affiliation.
While a potential merger is in its early stages, St. Peter’s Health Partners and Ellis Medicine will be partaking in a review process over the next several months to help determine whether or not both health care systems will join together.
Representatives made it clear, that the pandemic is not the main reasoning behind this potential merger, adding that St. Peter’s Health Partners and Ellis Medicine have joined together in the past—working on initiatives such as the Innovated Health Alliance of New York.
A final agreement will require the approval of both boards of trustees, as well as state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression
- Lawmakers urge seniors to stay safe when voting during the pandemic
- Ask the Experts: The doctors at Northern Lights Chiropractic discuss empowering your immune system
- Respiratory Care Week: ‘unimaginable’ roles respiratory therapists have taken on during COVID-19