BATAVIA, N.Y. (WROC) — Staff at the United Memorial Medical Center in Batavia thanked a fellow worker with a new car.
Catherine Weatherbee has worked as a secretary for 20 years and recently lost her car. The staff came together and raised money to get her a new one.
They were going to surprise her for her 60th birthday last month, but Weatherbee contracted COVID-19. So the surprise was delayed until this week.
“She’s such a selfless soul and she gives to everyone around her, you can’t help but love her,” Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Nicholas Loffredo said.
“This is my family — UMMC,” Weatherbee said. “I have no family out in the public, but I have a family here.”
About 50 people donated to the GoFundme to help get her a new car.
- Lewis County logs 2 additional COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- Aubain Pleads Guilty to 2 Counts of Manslaughter
- Healthcare Workers Discuss Their Experiences With Moderna Vaccine
- 103-year-old Massachusetts man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine