ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Any customer who identifies as a front line responder to the coronavirus pandemic will get a free tall coffee, a way for the company to give thanks.
The promotion started Wednesday and will run until May 3rd. The company describes front line responders as police officers, firefighters, paramedics, doctors, nurses, hospital and medical staff, and medical researchers.
The offer applies to a tall cup of freshly brewed hot or iced coffee.
The company also said they donate funds from The Starbucks Foundation to aid hospital staff with personal protective equipment and care packages. The foundation will give $250,000 to Operation Gratitude, and Direct Relief.
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- NYS sees highest one day increase in confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Pennsylvania police issue first stay at home order citation to woman ‘just going for a drive’
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday