(WIVB)–The state health department has come out with new rules for nursing homes during the holidays.
It says residents who leave a facility must test negative for COVID 24 hours before they return.
Once they are allowed back, they have to quarantine for two weeks.
During those two weeks, they have to be tested at least three more times.
The health department recommends against residents leaving a nursing home for a family or social gathering.
- Health officials identify the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Tompkins County
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Buffalo Kickoff Live: 5 questions with Bills Owner/Team President Kim Pegula
- ”We got no stops” Jim Boeheim following loss at Pittsburgh
- Syracuse suffers third straight ACC loss falling at Pittsburgh