CORNING, N.Y. (WETM) – Steuben County Legislator Steven Maio was arrested for patronizing a prostitute on August 12, according to New York State Police.
Maio, a Democrat representing the City of Corning, was given an appearance ticket returnable on August 27 at 4:30 p.m. to the town of Hornellsville Court.
18 News first learned of the allegations through a viewer tip.
18 News reached out to Maio on Thursday morning, who referred us to his attorney, Chris Tunney, who declined to comment at this time.
18 News also reached out to Steuben County Manager Jack Wheeler, who did not have any comment at this time.
- Watch Made in NNY online here: 1 on 1 with Elise Stefanik and Tedra Cobb
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all