SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) — Weeks after Syracuse football head coach Dino Babers announced the hiring of Zach Arnett as the team’s defensive coordinator, Arnett has reportedly left the team and accepted a job at Mississippi State.
The news was first reported by Yahoo Sports reporter Pete Thamel on Twitter.
Syracuse University athletic director John Wildhack released a statement saying, “We are disappointed that Zach Arnett has decided not to honor the commitment he made to Syracuse University. We will continue to work diligently to find the best defensive coach for our program.”
According to Mississippi State’s athletics website, Arnett will serve as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach for head coach Mike Leach and the Bulldogs.
Arnett previously came to Syracuse from San Diego State, where he led the Aztec defense and helped the team to a 10-3 record last season.
It is unknown if Arnett ever signed a contract with Syracuse.
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Watertown
- Today is National Strawberry Day
- North Country Doctor Jan K. Turcotte to receive SMC’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- NY man asking bicyclist he hit to pay $700 for damages
- Lake Ontario shipping season, a $4.5 trillion economy, seeing two-week delay
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.