SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – The Syracuse men’s basketball team already has its first player from the Class of 2022. Sophomore point guard, Dior Johnson announced on twitter on Friday afternoon that he is coming to Syracuse.
“This feels like home for me as I will have an opportunity to build my own legacy and have the dome rocking every night!! #GoOrange”, tweeted Johnson.
Johnson, who is playing this season for Mayfair High School in California, came to Syracuse on a visit for an unofficial visit during the Duke game on February 1st and committed just a few days later.
Johnson is listed as the No. 1 player in the state of California on the 24/7 sports ranking website and fifth overall player in the nation. Rivals.com has Johnson has listed as the 4th overall player.
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Bills QB Josh Allen tops first 300 yard game with first 400 yard game in week two
- Josh Allen’s career day leads Bills to a 31-28 win over the Dolphins
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.