GREENSBORO, N.C. (WGHP) — The King of NASCAR, Richard Petty, won 200 races and seven championships, numbers that set the standard everyone else has chased ever since.
In this exclusive interview with Kevin Connolly of WGHP, listen in as Petty describes how he decided he was going to drive cars, the story behind his very first race, what it is that made him so endearing to fans and how he got the nickname, King.
Petty also opens up about the current state of the sport, how the business model has changed over the years and how that affects his team’s future today.
If you prefer to listen on-the-go, check out Petty’s appearance on WGHP’s “Dirty Air” podcast. You can subscribe on any of these platforms:
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- NYS sees highest one day increase in confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Pennsylvania police issue first stay at home order citation to woman ‘just going for a drive’
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.