BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — During Monday night’s protests in Buffalo, police tackled one protester as we were interviewing him.
“My name is Miles Carter. I live in the Town of Tonawanda. I don’t live in the City of Buffalo,” he said. And as he continued with “My mosque is over on Genesee Street,” the protester was tackled by police.
Authorities also set off tear gas during this incident.
News 4 is working to find out why police charged at him, and whether or not he has been charged with a crime.
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19
- Vanessa Guillen murder raises questions about how female service members are treated
- ‘US needs more testing to confront COVID outbreak’
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Fay moving toward Atlantic coast with 60 mph winds