The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Vote America makes push on Nat’l Voter Registration Day
- Mnuchin and Powell on pandemic progress: US economy is improving, but still fragile
- Hotel Transylvania in Old Forge: Water’s Edge Inn gets spooky makeover
- Giants place Saquon Barkley on injured reserve with torn ACL