The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- WATCH LIVE: Arkansas Governor Hutchinson to provide COVID-19 update to public at 1:30 p.m.
- NYS sees highest one day increase in confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Doctors answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | April 4-5
- Pennsylvania police issue first stay at home order citation to woman ‘just going for a drive’
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday