SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — It’s defined the Central New York skyline for over 40 years, and soon it will be deflated.
Syracuse University told NewsChannel 9 that the Carrier Dome roof will likely be deflated some time next week.
It was earlier this month that the SU women’s basketball team played the final event inside the dome before it was closed for renovation work.
As construction continues, you can see the new roof take shape. It is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2020 Syracuse football home opener.
- “We’ve tested our players over 600 times and have had 2 positives” Jim Boeheim post-game following win over Niagara
- Guerrier and Richmond help power Syracuse to blowout win over Niagara
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Pelosi, Schumer back $908 billion COVID-19 relief proposal
- Bills TE Dawson Knox hopes his ‘roller coaster’ season is starting to take a turn
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.