SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Marshall Street staple Manny’s is celebrating 70 full years in business this weekend, as February 1 marks the store’s 71st birthday.
Manny’s is celebrating its 70th anniversary at the end of its 70th year, seeing as February 1 marks their 71st birthday.
Decades before it was a game day staple, Manny’s was a go-to for Syracuse athletes like Jim Brown and Pearl Washington.
As the Syracuse Orange grew, so did the store’s selection of SU gear.
The store will give out special 70th anniversary t-shirts to customers stopping by before the Syracuse-Duke game at the Carrier Dome.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- JCC lights up blue in support of health care workers
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back
- Pastor plans to hold Easter service despite virus orders
- State workers pay raises deferred for 90 days
For more local news, follow Andrew Donovan on Twitter @AndrewDonovan