SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – After two easier wins in scrimmage action against Hofstra and Vermont, the No. 5 ranked Syracuse men’s lacrosse team overcame a challenge to edge No. 3 Yale in its final scrimmage 18-13.
Jamesville-DeWitt graduate Griffin Cook (3 goals, 2 assists) and Loyola transfer Chase Scanlan (2 goals, 3 assists) led the way with 5 points each. Nine different players scored in the four quarter scrimmage.
Drake Porter had 4 saves in one half of work. The Orange won 17-36 faceoffs led by Jakob Phaup’s 11-18 effort.
Syracuse will open the season against Colgate on February 7th at 4pm on ACC Network. The Orange lost to Raiders 12-9 in the season opener last season.
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Wednesday May 12th
- Governors meet with President Biden on new COVID-19 vaccination strategies as pace stalls
- Senators discuss federal cybersecurity following SolarWinds hack
- Ghost guns hearing splits US lawmakers about how to deal with gun violence
- Local author shares ‘phenomenal’ moments of St. Lawrence River through self-published book
Stay up-to-date by liking ABC50 on Facebook.