NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City man has been charged with murder and manslaughter in the killing of a teenager who authorities say was stabbed and set on fire in the Bronx.
Police say 22-year-old Adones Betances was arrested Thursday in connection with the attack on 18-year-old Winston Ortiz.
Police say they responded to a 911 call Wednesday afternoon and found Ortiz unconscious with multiple stab wounds and burns. He was pronounced dead at a hospital. Officials believe the attack was related to Ortiz’s relationship with Betances’ sister.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Betances has a lawyer who could respond to the allegations.
- New York State awarded $18M to train workers and support entrepreneurs
- Indian River Ambulance Service to sponsor mammography clinic and blood drive
- Three new cases of COVID-19 reported in St. Lawrence County
- CDC, EPA release framework for preventing and controlling tick and mosquito-borne diseases
- Trump to hold rallies in Wisconsin areas labeled COVID-19 ‘red zones’ by White House task force